1 Landsdowne Avenue, Belair
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Parking: 2
Beautifully Spacious 4 Bedroom Family Home In a Lifestyle Location Opposite Monalta Reserve
Nestled amongst trees and lush surrounds and situated in the superb ’Monalta Estate’….one of the best positions in Belair, this unique home in a serene setting will become your own private retreat, away from all the hustle and bustle, while still being conveniently connected to everything! Popular schools are within walking distance, the train for town is nearby, the beach and city feel so close and the beautiful environment of the Belair National Park is around the corner.
Set on the high side of the road on large block of over 1,500sqm (approx.) and facing the recently upgraded Monalta Drive Playground in Monalta Reserve, this is a truly stunning home which will satisfy and meet the needs of families looking for the benefits of hills living.
Proudly held in the one family for two generations and fastidiously maintained, this solid brick home will capture your attention from the moment you step inside, with its warm, inviting tones and large proportions, making you instantly feel at home.
Everyone has their own space with 4 good sized bedrooms; the master with an ensuite, walk-in robe and external access to a courtyard, and another two bedrooms away from the main. The fourth bedroom with raked ceilings could also be utilised as a potential office or study/media space or even teenager retreat with separate external entrance.
The centrally located kitchen is well-equipped with plenty of cupboard space and granite-topped benches, new oven and cook-top plus dishwasher. There is a conservatory-style sitting area to the side and full-length picture windows bring the peaceful outdoors in.
French doors from the light filled sun room open out to the paved terrace and outdoor entertaining area – the ideal place to relax and enjoy the company of family and friends and admire the delightful native garden outlook.
The back of the property is the real surprise boasting a huge back yard with beautiful low maintenance, established landscaped grounds, abundance of sunshine, amazing bird songs and restful views will recharge your batteries every day. Not only is this a peaceful setting but the current owners have converted what was formerly a concrete swimming pool into a fully engineered and council approved 85,000 litre rainwater tank. As well there are irrigated multiple raised garden beds with netting for your own vegetable garden.
More reasons why we love this home:
- 4 bedrooms main with ensuite and WIR
- 2 bathrooms
- Functional floor plan
- Separate lounge, dining and sitting area
- Ducted evaporative cooling & reverse cycle split system air conditioning for all season comfort
- Combustion heater that keeps the home warm all thru winter (with a wood shed storage)
- 1.5kw solar system & solar hot water with electric boost to help with those power bills
- Double garage with auto door and secure parking for 2 cars
- Off-street visitor parking
- Outside of the house has been freshly painted in modern theme and the roof cover refurbished
- Covered alfresco entertainment area – just the spot to relax, be it a bbq or quiet drinks with family and friends
- Great yard for children and pets complete with cubby house plus there is even room for the chooks!
- The large rear yard setting is well-fenced, safe and secure
- Rainwater tanks (85,000 litres) provide garden water all year, reticulated to the house and garden
- Being situated opposite an expansive reserve that has a playground with easy access for the kids, the feeling of open space and fresh air adds to the attraction of this secluded retreat
- Short drive to Belair, Blackwood or Mitcham shopping centres
- Walk to Belair Primary school and short drive to St John’s Grammar and Blackwood High School
- Tool shed and store rooms at rear of the block terrific for the tradesman/handyman or extra storage.
This is a unique property that must be viewed to be fully appreciated. An opportunity not to be missed!!